Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Canning with Mom

My mom, cool lady that she is, insisted on learning how to make pickles and salsa yesterday!

You know I'm happy to oblige!

She bought the pretty "Better Homes and Gardens" jars
(seriously, they're adorable and textured!)
and we went to work!


Here are a dozen quarts of dill pickles!


4 quarts and 4 pints of medium salsa!


While she was in town, we went to Babies R Us to check out carseats for the new baby.
All I can say is- thank goodness I have a mini-van.
I am so serious about carseat safety... and the carseats I choose for my kids would not fit 3 across in my station wagon, so thank goodness for the Honda!

Since the kiddos were so precious in the store, they asked to "steer with the worm" and so fork over $0.50 we did!


Today, I tried to use up a few more cucumbers.
I made 7 quarts of bread and butter pickles.
This picture was taken after I sent home a quart with my dad!

He stayed with the kids for an hour so I could run a couple of errands in silence!
It was some much needed quiet time.


This is part of what Tim gets to haul into the basement and shelf when he gets home from work!
I've been busy this week!
:)

No comments: