Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions-- 2012

I do them every year :)

Last year, I resolved to learn to knit, among other things! All attempts were successful and I really enjoyed learning to garden and wearing a bikini on the beach when I was super pregnant! I made a conscious effort to SLOW DOWN my life and actually enjoy it. It's made a wonderful difference, for sure!

Here are my resolutions for 2012:

1. Continue to change my shopping habits.
I'm good at buying used and/or in bulk, but could still be more careful about how many new things I bring into our home and how much trash we produce from packaging.

2. Make more time for reading!
I got a Nook last year and have been reading a lot more since I got it. I keep it in my bag in a padded case that I bought from an Etsy seller to protect it... I bring it out whenever I find a minute, especially in the pick up line at Keelin's school.

3. Learn to enjoy baking.
Although I find it tedious, I can bake bread well, but with my new Kitchenaid mixer (Tim and my Dad got me one for the holidays) I think it will be easier for me to expand my baking knowledge. I want to become the queen of muffins and master yeast rolls!

4. Continue to become more sustainable here at home!
We are planning to add goats and rabbits this year, as well as a few more fruit trees, while continuing to raise chickens and garden. I am excited about canning what is in season, doing more than I did last year, particularly juices and vegetables!

What are your resolutions for the New Year? I'd love to hear what you all are tackling this year!

No comments: