Monday, February 28, 2011

Tomorrow

In the morning, I'm driving an hour to test drive a mini-van. Yes, a mini-van. It's a used Honda Odyssey that is just barely within our cash budget for a bigger vehicle.

I adore my 1999 VW Passat wagon. I truly do. That dinosaur has served us well! It still only has 93k miles on it. BUT I am due in September and can't fit 3 carseats safely and comfortably in my vehicle without serious issues.

We don't feel like we need an upgrade or a nicer car. The one I'm test driving is a 2000. Just one year newer than my vehicle. But honestly, we could use the space. I love to be able to function comfortably in my car- taking the dogs places, borrowing my niece for the day. I would lose the ability to do many things if I kept the VW, so she is getting sold. Someone is getting a wonderful deal on that car. We've upkept it well and the little green car will run forever!

Off of my tangent... Hopefully this van will work out, I can buy it tomorrow, and we can get my car up for sale by the weekend. That would be delightful. I never envisioned myself as a mini-van mom, but if I can get one that is functional and will last me until the kids are much older, then that would be ideal.

Goals: not green or beige, no dark cloth seats, something we can pay cash for and hopefully get back at least 50% of the cost by selling my car

In other news, the person that was so rude and disrespectful to me as to inspire the "Negativity" post I made was at it again tonight. I believe in giving forgiveness freely and filtering out the negativity to see the good in people, but there comes a time when you have to protect yourself from people who have lost their humanity and attack without provocation. I did not deserve the hatefulness spewed at me tonight, but I believe that for the most part, I responded well and maintained my dignity. I then blocked this person from future contact with me and my family. No more of that.

I will say this, though. You will never be old enough to be entitled to more respect than you give. Age does not grant you special permission to mistreat those younger than you. There is NO ONE on this planet that is more deserving of respect and consideration than another. If I ever turn into an angry, bitter old lady, I sincerely hope that someone puts me out of my misery. But you know, I don't see that being a problem for some reason...

No comments: