Monday, August 15, 2011

Putting Humpty-Jackson back together again...

On Friday-


My baby boy slipped in the bathroom
:(


We took him to Urgent Care, hoping they would tell us a little Dermabond (purple superglue, basically) would do the trick.

No such luck, due to the placement of his injury.


My teeny love had to get 4 stitches. 

I will NEVER forget how horrific it was to watch Tim have to hold him down, all the while him screaming, "Help me, Mommy!" He begged me to go get the car and take him home. I wasn't sure what to do with myself, so I tried not to cry or barf, wiped his tears and tried to distract him with mindless chatter.

He screamed and cried so hard while they were stitching him up that he burst blood vessels all around his eyes. They're just now starting to look somewhat normal.

It was a helpless feeling.
Talk about feeling like the worst mom in the world...
when they beg you for help and you knowing that what is terrifying them is what's best for them.

The stitches come out Tuesday.
UGH!

And I thought it couldn't get worse until Saturday.

No comments: