Sunday, July 3, 2011

Canning Peaches

Tonight, I canned 7.5 quarts of peaches!


The picture clearly does them no justice-
they are the most delicious peaches I've ever tasted.

Of course, that might have something to do with the fact that I am massively pregnant and am LOVING peaches at the moment!


My peaches right after they were blanched, before they were peeled.


2 quarts being preserved in a water bath!


5 and a half quarts finished!
(the other two were in the water bath when I took the picture)


Just pretty!
And they are so yummy.
I can't wait to make peach ice cream and peach pies this winter with peaches that I preserved during the summer.

If you'd like to try (and I suggest you do- it's so simple!), here are links to tutorials for two different kinds of canned peaches- one in a simple syrup (I do a light syrup when I make these) and one spiced peach recipe (very southern!)--



1 comment:

Anna said...

Mmmm my mouth is now watering. I love sweet ripe peaches :o)