Saturday, March 19, 2011

The last Saturday before it's officially Spring!

Today was such an amazing day. I don't even know where to start! I hope I can remember everything!

I planted daffodil bulbs all around my clothesline posts. My gift to myself :) I learned today that daffodils will come back AND multiply every year. Very exciting, since we had none on our property before today.

My brother jacked up the shed that will turn into a chicken coop soon and reinforced the floor. Thank goodness! He also started spreading a thin layer of concrete over the inside floor so that the chicken poo won't damage the wooden floor over time.

I spread our organic (i.e. super smelly) compost/ soil enricher onto my garden today and then my brother tilled it into short rows for me, so I can now start planting as soon as the weather is agreeable to various seedlings! I'm hoping to build some trellis structures for my beans to climb tomorrow with leftover bits of wooden pallets and chicken wire. We'll see how that turns out! :)

This afternoon, we drove an hour to a 3d/4d ultrasound place to find out the sex of our third baby bump. Tim said it was a boy. I said it was a girl. I'll tell you what we're having and post pictures as soon as my kids are in the bed :)

No comments: